In times like these, when the world is in chaos and everything seems cruel and merciless, we have to find a way of keeping the balance.
This is a summary of what we consider being our blessings at Old Joe’s Kaia:
- The beautiful environment we work and live in, the clean air, amber sunsets, the aloes in winter, abundance all around us with so much healthy food and energy.
- Our health and well-being, our strong bodies that enable us to do what we have to do, feeling fully alive.
- The work that we are here to do and are capable of doing every day, with independent minds and self-motivated thinking.
- Having families that support us in what we do, being moms and dads, being surrounded by loving and caring people on a daily basis, having positive attitudes towards our jobs and life in general.
- Meeting and hosting so many new people from different parts of the world with different backgrounds and insights every day, seeing their appreciation for our indigenous labyrinth, serving them our beautiful vegan meals, making them comfortable in our eclectic bedrooms and being so proud of it.
We are aware of the tremendous suffering and agony people and animals are enduring all over the world right now. Seeing our lives in a positive light and evaluating what we are grateful for on a daily basis can only help us to find a reason to move forward and receive our guests with openness and spontaneity.
The above is a summary of our staff meeting this morning with the theme “What Am I Grateful For?”