Avocado Ice Cream is probably The Seedlings most famous cold dessert!
Many tourist guides brought their international clients for lunches, arranging for avocado Ice Cream as dessert beforehand. Many repeat guests requested this at odd hours, and so we have decided to share it with may more.
- In a small pot make a medium syrup by dissolving 1 cup (250 ml) white sugar in 1 cup boiling water, making sure it dissolves COMPLETELY – there should be no sugar crystals left on the sides of the pot before you bring the mixture to the boil. Leave on low heat and simmer for 10 minutes from the time it has reached boiling point. Cool completely to fridge temperature.
- Beat or whisk 1 tin of Coconut Whipping Cream in a metal or plastic mixing bowl until thick – it goes quickly!
- Puree 3-4 really ripe avocados in a blender and fold into the cream.
- Fold in 5 ml salt.
- Fold in the cold sugar syrup, taking care not to over-process.
- Place in the freezer and wait 2-3 hours until the mixture start freezing on the edges. Slowly loosen and mix lightly.
- Keep freezing and folding, now more frequently, until the mixture is really stiff and thick.
- Transfer to your preferred container and freeze.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pink peppercorns or a grinding of fresh black pepper.