Making these little pies are SUPER EASY!
Using a 12-hole muffin pan will yield enough mini pies for 4 people.
What you need:
- CRUST – 1x Puff pastry from SPAR – it is vegan.
- FILLING – choose your favourite or make all three fillings! Serving 4 people each can get 3 different fillings. This is fun and the 3 different flavours compliment each other beautifully.
- TOPPING – use our Cashew Cream and the various garnishes as set out in the recipe.
- Rolling pin (or wine bottle)
- A 12-hole medium size muffin pan
STEP 1 – Make the fillings:
STEP 2 – Prepare the crust:
- Remove the pastry from the wrapper.
- Cover a work surface with flour and roll the pastry slightly to fit the full size of the muffin pan exactly.
- Carefully lift the pastry onto the pan and then cut into squares.
- Press each square into a muffin hole to shape the pies.
STEP 3 – Fill the pies:
Divide the fillings equally, then top with Cashew Cream and the allocated garnish for each flavour as per the recipe.
STEP 4 – Bake the pies:
Bake at 220°C for 20 minutes.
Plating: If you made 3 different fillings each plate gets the variety, one of each.
Serve with a side salad.