This pizza /flatbread /focaccia is truly to die for:
First ready all the toppings:
- Green puree – a mixture of herbs, kale, spinach, etc. all smoothed in a blender with just enough olive oil to get the blades going.
- Tomato Salsa – onions and garlic fried together with smoked paprika, add chopped red sweet pepper, ripe tomatoes and tomato paste and cook through. Chop in a processor if you want or keep it chunky.
- Cashew Cream– ½C (125ml) plain cashew pieces pureed with just enough water until smooth. Add salt and a bit of lemon juice.
- Chopped veggies – baby tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, red onion, etc. (I brown aubergine in the pan).
Now make the base:
- Make a standard bread mix 500g cake or bread flour, 5 ml salt, 1½C (375ml) lukewarm water, 5 ml dry yeast. This is 2 medium pizza sizes or one baking sheet.
- Don’t allow the dough to rise, instead press into the pan immediately, push indents with your fingers and start topping.
- Start topping with the green sauce, then tomato puree, then blobs of cashew cream and then the chopped veggies.
- Add extra garlic and chillies if you want, sprinkle salt & pepper.
- Bake at 240°C until lightly brown and sizzling – check the underside of the crust for doneness.
- Present with a liberal sprinkling of chopped spring onions and shredded basil and oregano leaves.